ASSURANCE THROUGH THE THR SCHEME
At Jessup, we are proud to have been one of the first traditional herbal medicines companies in the UK to have gained approval for its entire range of herbal medicine under the 2009 Traditional Herbal Registration scheme.
The scheme is run by the UK regulatory body for medicines, the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). All herbal medicines that are marketed in the UK are now required to hold a THR.
For consumers, this means that they have the peace of mind of knowing that all products in our HRI Herbal Medicine range have been thoroughly checked to ensure their safety and quality and that they contain the ingredients that are listed on the pack.
In order to be granted a THR, a herbal medicine supplier must provide the regulator with:
- A technical dossier covering the quality of herbal ingredients
- A review of the product’s safety with an expert report including clinical and non-clinical safety areas carried out by a registered pharmacist or similarly qualified expert
- A summary of the product’s characteristics, produced in accordance with EU guidelines
- A detailed patient information leaflet
- A way for consumers to easily report any adverse reactions that can be supplied to the MHRA.